I have always been fascinated by kokeshi dolls and wanted to make something similar. It calls for carved wooden pieces which I could not find nearby. But that did not deter me from my passion for it, so here's my take on kokeshi dolls.
I have used old medicine bottle bottle as the base for it.
Below is the tutorial for the doll, so that you can also try your hands at making it for yourself.
Tissue paper (patterned)
- Take an empty medicine bottle. Remove the label and thoroughly clean the adhesive part.
- Mix the two parts of the shilpkar clay. Stick a portion of it for the head part using fevicol. Shape the hair too. I have kept it simple.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- You can paint the clothes. Here, I have use patterned tissue and decoupaged it. It is my first try so it has not come out neatly.
- Then paint the face and hair. Draw the eyes
- Cut out a piece of ribbon and stick around the middle so as to resemble the traditional attire- kimono.
- Leave it to dry. Your kokeshi doll is ready to be admired.
We are entering into the below challenge
LTCCB #22 - May Anything Goes
Don't be a silent reader. Leave behind your comments and suggestions.
Hope you like it,Chandhini and Subhashini